Running errands throughout the week will stress you out, and cost you time and money. Here’s a sample simple system for errands that works well for many:
- Keep a running errands list, adding to it as you think of things, so when errands day comes, you know exactly what you need to do. Also keep a running grocery list.
- The night before your errands day, you plan your dinner menu for the next two weeks and complete your grocery list, then look at all the errands on your errands list and plan out the most efficient route.
- On Errands Day, you spend a couple of hours doing all the errands on your list and then buying all your groceries. One trip, planned efficiently, saves gas and multiple shopping trips.
Read all of this series
- Simple systems to make your life more organized
- House cleaning: A simple system
- Other chores: A simple system
- Errands: A simple system
Article by Leo Babauta of zenhabits.net